Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer in our children and youth ministries at East Main Presbyterian Church! We are looking forward to connecting with you!
PA state laws require that all non-profit volunteers and paid staff who work with children and youth must complete a series of clearances and have them on file with the organization.
Each adult volunteer will need to have the 4 following documents on file with our church to serve with children and youth:
- Completed East Main Presbyterian Church Child and Youth Certifications form
- Copy of your original PA Child Abuse History Clearance report
- Copy of your original PA State Police Criminal Record Check clearance report
- Copy of your East Main Presbyterian Church Long-Term Pennsylvania Resident Volunteer Exception OR FBI Criminal Background Check clearance report (*note carefully which form you will need)
Each of the documents you need and links to websites for the background checks are listed below:
* East Main Presbyterian Church Child and Youth Volunteer Certifications form: click here
* East Main Presbyterian Church Long-Term Pennsylvania Resident Volunteer Exception form: click here
* Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance:
- to apply online:
- to apply via postal mail:
* Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check:
* FBI Criminal Background Check (required for anyone who has been a resident in PA for LESS than 10 years):
If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please call the Director of Children's Ministries, Jacolyn Majure, or Assistant Pastor of Children, Youth & Family Ministry, Melissa Danielson at 724-458-8270.
Thank you for making this investment in the safety, integrity, and excellence of our ministries with children and youth!